Saturday, February 18, 2012

February in Florida

I know some of you in the north might not want to hear this, but we have had a perfectly lovely winter down here!  Our temps are in the 80's most days. . .light breezes and sunshine. . .Florida at its best.

Here's a quick update on Kandle happenings:

  • Clint loves his job.  It is definitely challenging, working with families and patients in hospice, but it is so rewarding.  He has gotten some pretty terrific validation from co-workers and patients alike. God is so good. . .He has placed Clint exactly where he needs to be! On March 4th, Clint will be preaching at John Knox Retirement Community.  It will be his largest congregation yet, including a television audience. . so some prayers for his peace of mind would be appreciated.
  • Devyn continues to enjoy her work at Narcoossee Middle School.  She loves her students. . .and she is awaiting word about graduate school. Fingers crossed!
  • Greg is now working at Narcoossee Middle School, too! He is working with special needs students.  How convenient; they carpool every day. He has a gift for working with these kids.
  • Haley loves her classes this semester, and she is learning so much.  Every Thursday night we have cookie taste testing.  Well, folks, it's a burden, but someone has to do it!  LOL She is looking into the possibility of starting her own business.
  • Catie keeps very busy with all of her school work, handling Colin (our baby sitting charge) much of the time, juggling her own babysitting responsibilities and maintaining a fairly healthy social life. Catie is my right hand, and just about everything I do in my writing career is possible because of her help.
  • David is enjoying this winter because he's been swimming nearly year 'round.  Sweet! He loves his PE classes, tolerates his school and is fostering a turtle for Greg. He is proud of the work he has done to educate me in the world and language of Pokemon. 
  • I am insanely busy these days, but happily most of the work is from home.  I am involved in book publicity, plus the prep for the publication of the next book in the series and every now and then I get a chance to actually write. I'm working with a friend on setting up a promotional business for indie publishing, doing some freelance editing on the side, mentoring some just-starting-out authors AND some just-starting-out homeschoolers. . .helping Catie watch Colin. . leading a weekly Bible study. . .in the leadership team for Women's Ministry at church. . trying to keep the home running and dinner served (most of the time!).  I love everything I'm doing, but I have to admit that a vacation would be welcome.  I think this is the longest I've gone without some kind of travel/break in years! No complaints, though.  
I think that's about all. I'll try to upload some pics soon, but mostly what I have at this point is Haley's cookies, and seeing those would just make you salivate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment